- 1 bunch collard greens, washed
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6-8 chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 1-3 cloves raw garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- De-stem and chop the collard greens. An easy way to de-stem collard greens is by folding them in half lengthwise along the stem with the darker green side down and then pull up the stem until it comes off and you’re left mostly with leaf. An easy way to chop the collards is to stack a few leaves, roll them up into a cigar shape and cut the through the collard cylinder, making strips.
- Place strips in a large bowl. Pour olive oil on collard strips and sprinkle on salt. Massage the oil and salt into the strips with your hands until all pieces are well coated.
- Whisk together apple cider vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and ground pepper.
- Pour apple cider vinegar dressing over the collard green strips. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours, but overnight is best.
- 2-3 cups Collard Greens, chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced
- 1 cup Frozen mango
- 1/2 cup Fresh mango (*optional)
- 1/2 cucumber, diced or 1/2 cup coconut water (or both…)
- juice of one lime
- 1 tsp Spirulina powder
My Adaptation of Gary’s Vegan BreadOriginal recipe from: VegWeb.com
- 3 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur brand)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 banana, mashed (the more ripe, the better)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 heaping tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons bread yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
This is a bread machine recipe. Makes 1 – 1.5 pound loaf.
1)Mash one banana and place in water along with salt and canola oil. Add flour, ground flaxseeds and vital wheat gluten. Add bread yeast.
2) Bake on “light brown” setting.
Makes: One loaf, Preparation time: 15 minutes